Part 1 ( chapter 9) Why is clinical integration important in the current healthcare environment? Part 2 The writing assignment covers chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. It is comprised of short essa
Part 1 ( chapter 9)
Why is clinical integration important in the current healthcare environment?
The writing assignment covers chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. It is comprised of short essay type questions.
- All answers must be typed and double-spaced.
- You must repeat the question you are answering before you answer the question including subsections.
- You must identify each page of your writing assignment with your full name and page number.
- Every writing assignment is an English exam; grammar, spelling and sentence structure will be included in grading your answers, including the responses to the discussion board.
- You must write in complete sentences. You should not use colloquialisms
- You must use APA method of citing only.
- You must define all terms clearly
- All answers must include clear examples indicating understanding of the question and answer.
- You must leave a 1-inch margin at the left and right side of your pages.
- You may not use a font larger than 12 points.
- Based on Chapter 1, answer the following questions:
- An Organization’s mission is the fundamental purpose of its existence. Discuss the types of hospital ownership in the United States and how they may influence an organization’ strategic plan.
- Based on Chapter 2, answer the following questions:
- In what ways are the transactional and transformational models of leadership similar? In what ways are they different?
- Based on Chapter 3, answer the following questions:
- Do you agree that healthcare organizations should monitor key business metrics throughout the year? Evaluate this idea and provide an example from the chapter that illustrates monitoring organizational performance.
- Should a healthcare organization do a community assessment as part of its strategic planning? Why or Why not?
- Based on Chapter 4, answer the following questions:
- How does SWOT analysis set the stage for strategic planning?
- Provide examples of how gap analysis can be used to improve the quality of healthcare services.
- Based on Chapter 5, answer the following questions:
- Provide an example from your own personal or work experience that illustrates a marketing initiative that had a positive influence on an organization’s reputation. Implement a new hospital Palliative Care Program.
- Based on Chapter 6, answer the following questions:
- How can Health Information technology help healthcare providers adapt to the rapidly changing healthcare environment?In order to receive full credit, students must specifically reference material found in the reading assignment.
Required Text Book and Readings:
Course Text- Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare, Jeffrey P. Harrison, 2nd edition, 2016, Health Administration Press Chicago, Illinois. ISBN: 978-1-56793-791-6.