The discussion of the end of life is typically not an easy topic to address. However, developmental psychologists often argue that it is a necessary component to ensure your final wishes are met and friends and family are not left to make decisions that they may be unprepared to make. We typically avoid this topic and assume it’s not necessary to think about until late adulthood. Fortunately that is true for many of us with life expectancy ever increasing, but psychologists and the medical community say it’s never to early to start the discussion when you are younger. Many of you will be working with those dealing with end of life issues in the field of psychology, nursing, social work and recreation therapy. This week we will explore options that are (or are not available) when dealing with the end of life. Not all of these questions have a “correct” or “incorrect” answer. This week’s assignment is more about the thought process as opposed to pasting a “correct” answer.
1. What is the difference between dying and death?
2. What is a living will and what does it include? Do you think everyone should have one and at which age? (again, there is no “correct” or “incorrect” answer for your opinion, just support your position.)
3. Discuss three types of euthanasia and why it is controversial. Is it legal anywhere in the United States? Do you agree, why or why not?
4. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross in her 1969 book, On Death and Dying describe the stages of grief. Using the textbook or other source, explain them in your own words. Do you think they are still accurate today? (Explain)
5. Find one research article from the library on the topic of Stages of Grief. How does this article relate to the topic of euthanasia? (See the helpful link on finding journal articles.)
Be sure to paraphrase and use proper citations!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more